In order to fulfill the legal obligations that the General Directorate for the Prevention of Money Laundering (FIU) has, specifically Article 22 / of the Law no. 9917 dated 19.05.2008 “On the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing ” as amended , in cooperation with the Chamber of Notaries in Shkodra, a training activity was organized on 04/04/2014, with 22 notaries from this chamber, at the premises of Shkodra District Court. The FIU was represented by Mr. Agim Ismaili (Director of Inspection and Legislation Directorate) and Mr. Artan Shiqerukaj (Head of the Legislation Department).
The main topics discussed in were:
- Fulfillment of the reporting obligations provided for in Article 12 , measures of the proper and enhanced vigilance ( articles 4 , 4/1 , 9 and 9/1 ) and continuously encountered problems associated with these obligations ;
- Measures to be taken in preventing terrorism financing , monitoring transactions with politically exposed persons ( PEPs ) , etc. ;
- Various typologies of suspicious cases in which the role of notaries has been irreplaceable ;
- Types of administrative offences that the FIU found in the notaries and the measures to be taken for appropriate improvements ;
- Exchange of experiences in the relevant fields and discussion of concrete problems that can be solved.
The meeting progress was largely productive, appreciating in this respect the commitment of the Chairman of the Chamber Mr. Klement Radovani and Mr. Vasil Martini.
GDPML is continuously showing the proper diligence in sensitizing and supervising this category of subjects, whose role in the prevention of money laundering is irreplaceable.